Forget the mile-high club — in the U.S. Sex Census national survey released today by condom maker Trojan found that 48% of Americans say “the most exciting place (they) have had sex ” is in a car.
Vehicular sex easily beat the second most titillating location, which was (go figure) someone else’s bed (33%). The survey did not specify whether sex in the car was better in your own or someone else’s ride.
- The average American adult (18 and over) has sex 120 times a year (2.3 times per week) and 76% say they are satisfied, even though 63% say they still they were doing it more often.
- People in the Northeast report having sex most often (averaging 130 times per year or 2.5 times per week), followed by the Midwest (125 times per year / 2.4 times per week), West (120 times per year / 2.3 times per week) and South (114 times per year / 2.1 times per week).
- Among big cities, residents of Los Angeles and Houston have the most sex per year (135 times and 125 respectively), while folks in Philadelphia and Dallas have the least (99 and 104 respectively).
- Residents of Philadelphia may not do it as often, but they had the highest rate of satisfaction among cities (82% satisfied), followed by New York (81%) and Atlanta (80%).
- Married couples are more satisfied (82%) than singles (71%), but do it less (average 109 times per year) than singles (130 times).
- Given the tittering over the twittering by N.Y. congressman Anthony Weiner in recent days, it’s interesting that the survey found that 19% of have engaged in sexting (sexy text messages) and just 10% have discussed sex on Facebook and/or Twitter.